We understand the inconvenience caused by electric gates not working. All our gates are installed the the highest professional standards but sometimes faults occur that we have no control over but we will do our very best to ensure all issues are resolved promptly. The majority of the time this is due power cuts and tripped power supplies- therefore we have modified our warranty response process to eliminate wasted trips and our clients incurring unnecessary charges for events that are not covered under warranty.
Please ensure you check this trouble shooting list below before submitting an engineer’s visit to avoid being charged for non fault call outs-
Here is a list of common (non fault) problems for electric gates-
- Check the power supply and isolation is switched on.
- Check to insure the power has not tripped on fuse board, RCD or MCB.
- Power the gates down- leave for 60 seconds and power back up
- Look at any peripheral equipment such as the intercom or keypad which is normally lit up, to see if the lights are on and test out all the equipment and remotes by process of elimination, see if there is a corresponding beep or sound. These all give you an indication if there is power at the gates or not.
- Check to ensure nothing is blocking photo cells- give them a wipe to ensure dirt isn’t being picked up as an obstacle on the sensor.
- If the induction Loop has been used for an extended period of time reset the system by powering down and back up again.
- Please check that your remote control transmitters are operating as your battery might be flat. There is normally a light on the transmitter that indicates that it is working by pressing one of the buttons. Batteries can become lose if they have been dropped. Please note replacement remotes faulty by damage or water ingress is not covered under warranty- this is quite easy for us to determine with signs of corrosion or impact damage.
- Has the gate been manually released? Please check to ensure the manual release is not engaged.
For further help or advice please give us a call and we will talk you through step by step how to fault find these issues. If the above has not solved the problem, please submit to request an engineer visit this has to be fully completed before an engineer can be dispatched.
All 8 non fault visits listed above and additional issues such as power spikes, flooding, storm damage, dead batteries, vandalism, misuse, force majeure, and power supply issues, will incur a call out charge of £150 + VAT to attend site. Click here for our T&Cs.